Almond Flax Crusted Chicken
Enjoy this crispy chicken without the grease and fat!
Recipe type: Main
- 4 (4-6oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 tbsp ground flax meal
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind up your almonds using a food processor or Magic Bullet.
- Combine your almond substance, flax, and salt in a small bowl and stir together.
- Mince your garlic and rosemary.
- Using a medium bowl, add in your oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and herbs and spices and thoroughly mix. Then place your chicken breasts in the mixture until they’re coated evenly and put on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle your almond-flax mixture over your chicken on each side.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until crispy.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 309 Fat: 18.3g Saturated fat: 2.4g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 8.0g Sugar: 1.1g Sodium: 399mg Fiber: 4.9g Protein: 32.7g Cholesterol: 65mg